Mix, Munch and be Merry with Chex Party Mix. It’s the snack you make up fresh!
This is a fab recipe from the December 1969 issue of Ingenue magazine for that classic snack, Chex Party Mix. I checked online for “original” Chex Party Mix recipes, but they are different. The new recipes have slightly different ingredients, and use a microwave (which was not in widespread use in 1969). In keeping with vintage authenticity, here is the recipe for a fast and spicy variation of the regular Chex Party Mix recipe. Mix it in your skillet. It’s ready to munch in just 10 minutes.
Special Chex Pronto Party Mix
- 5 tablespoons butter or margarine
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon Ac’cent
- 1-1/2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 2 cups Corn Chex
- 2 cups Rice Chex
- 2 cups Wheat Chex
- 1 jar Planters Dry Roasted Peanuts
- Melt butter in large skillet over low heat. Stir in seasonings. Mix well.
- Add Chex and peanuts. Mix over low heat until all pieces are coated.
- Continue heating and stirring 10 minutes. Spread out on absorbent paper to cool. Yield: 8 cups.
Enjoy this vintage 60s party classic!